Got some mild positive feedback on the last post like this, so let's do another one.
News in AWS land
- EC2 Instance Console Screenshot is about letting you, assuming you're on HVM virtualization, take a screenshot. Click a button, get a screenshot. Awesome.
- Cross-Account Snapshot Sharing for Amazon Aurora is especially exciting, because cross-account snapshot sharing is a great way to implement off-site, separately ACL'd backups (don't forget to add cross-region as well).
- Amazon Aurora now supports cross region replication. And that's just great for building high-availability database clusters on Aurora.
- EC2 Run Command is an interesting way of managing your servers without ever touching Chef or Ansible or any of those thingies. I'm not sure I'd ever use it, but there's a certain charm to having a button that installs all Windows updates on your node.
- Export Redis Snapshots to Amazon S3 is another one where you can take a backup off-site, this time for Redis-backed ElastiCache.
Soft, squishy, managery
You know that guy, Seth Godin? His blog is like a feed of daily motivational quotes, except they're management / startup related thoughts that seem to make sense. Here's a few I liked recently: